How to apply
If you are interested in presenting your work at the (Re)Forming Methodologies: International Student Lecture Series on Gender and Sexuality Studies, please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 13 September 2020. / midnight (CET)
- 13th September 2020: Proposals Due
25th September 2020: Applicants will be notified of our descision
30th September 2020: Selected applicants will have until the 30th of September to confirm their attendance
The standard lecture format will consist of a 40 minute lecture with slides or a handout by the first speaker with follow-up questions from the 2nd speaker (and vice versa). Speakers should be prepared to engage in depth with the work of their fellow speakers. The session will conclude with questions and comments from the audience.
If you have an alternative concept for your presentation, such as an interactive format, please include a seperate page in your application, placed after the abstract, specifically detailing your idea. We are open to discussing new and exciting ideas!
A complete proposal will include an abstract and a sample of your presentation material. Please pay close attention to the guidelines below.
APPLICATION PACKET OVERVIEW
Email your proposal to email@example.com
Please write application: title of your talk in the subject line of the email
Send your complete application as a single PDF document attached to your email. Please name the file as title of your talk and this document should include (in the following order):
Your abstract (600 - 800 words, including title and references)
Sample materials (slides or handout)
An outline of your idea, if you wish to structure your presentation differently from the standard of 40min lecture, 20 min q&a. This includes panel discussion proposals.
A separate page with your name and a short bio, including your institution and discipline
Please ***only*** include your name on the bio page at the very end of your application. It is very important that your abstract and sample materials are anonymous for the selection process.
- Your application packet should be formatted as a single PDF document.
- Please title this file the name of your talk. Do NOT include your name
- The materials should be placed in the order indicated above.
- Your name must appear only in your bio, the last page of your application packet.
- Please use 12pt Arial, Times New Roman, or Helvetica font
- Abstracts should be between 600 and 800 words, including title(s) and references
- If you would like to hold your talk with the help of some slides, please prepare a sample of no more than 4 slides
- If you wish to hold your talk with the help of a handout, please prepare a half-page handout only
- If you have a friend(s) and/or colleague(s) with whom you would like to hold a presentation/ discussion:
- Please prepare your joint abstract using the formatting and style guidelines indicated above.
- Joint abstracts may be up to 800 words, including references at the end.
- See above for guidelines for slides and handouts
- Please note: joint proposals will recieve two time blocks instead of one. Please prepare your panel discussion accordingly.
Note on Financial Compensation:
Last winter semester we were able to provide financial compensation to the speakers who participated during the semester. However, as we are currently changing our format it will take us some time to figure out how much and under what conditions we will be able to financially compensate for your work.
CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: svrgenderstudies.de
- Facebook: Studierendenvortragsreihe Gender Studies HU Berlin
- Twitter: svr_gender
- Instagram: svr_gender